Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stylish Blog Award

A very big thank you to my longtime friend Katelyn at Ever Learning Eyes for nominating me for a Stylish Blog Award.  While my blog isn't really about style as it as much about food, there is some food styling that goes into photographing those masterpieces, so I think this nomination was most definitely deserved.  Thanks Katelyn!


Rules of the Game:

  1. Thank the person who gave me the award, make a post and put a link back to the person.
  2. Share seven things about myself.
  3. Pass the award to 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

And the unknown trivia begins...
  1. I come from a long line of very talented culinary aficionados.  I learned a lot of different dishes from my mother (aka: Martha Stewart) and both my grandmothers.  I still have recipes from my maternal grandmother in her almost illegible handwriting. 
  2. I only drive barefoot.  I hate that I can't feel the pedals when I'm driving with shoes.
  3. I'm always thinking about what next meal I'm going to make.  Thinking of what I can make dinner with whatever is in my fridge, what wine to pair it with, and if can I bring it to work the next day; all those thoughts are bouncing around up there before I get home every day.
  4. I am a huge klutz.  I always have a bruise, cut, or injury on my body for some reason (right now - a back sprain and a cut up knee from a minor shaving accident).
  5. I always wear sunglasses outside whether it's sunny or not.  It drives the Boy crazy!
  6. Calla Lilies are my favorite flower, ever.
  7. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.  I have been making the majority of the meal for my family since college.  One year my mom had a really bad flu and asked me to cook all of Thanksgiving for the family, been doing most of it ever since, minus the pies - Momma is the baker, not me.

Blogs that deserve this award:

1 comment: