Monday, December 5, 2011

Cranberry Sauce

It's the red headed step-child of Thanksgiving, but it's tasty and something that just makes Thanksgiving, Turkey Day.  My mom and I have a pretty standard recipe that I tweaked a little bit because I like to, along with the added bonus of annoying my Mom by making a slightly different version of what she usually does. :)


Cranberry Sauce:

8 oz fresh cranberries
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup - 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
pinch of salt
cinnamon stick
2-3 pinches of allspice
zest of 1 orange

Add everything but the zest into a sauce pan.  Bring to a boil, taste for sweetness adding more sugar if you like.  Then add the zest and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes.  Let cool and then refrigerate.  Serve with zested orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment